Patient-Centered Medical Home
Your Medical Home
A “Patient-Centered Medical Home” is not a building or a doctor. It is a team of professionals working on your behalf to identify your needs and work together with you to reach your wellness goals.
Caring about you
is the most important job of a medical home.
- You are the leader. Your health is about you.
- Talk with your medical team about your needs, concerns and questions.
- Take care of your health – Follow the plan that you and your medical provider have developed together.
- Tell us when you need new ideas so we can make changes together.
Your team is made up of the health coaches who work with you to help you get better, stay healthy and obtain the right services going forward. The coaches may include your medical provider, nurse, family members who support you, patient services representative, specialists, and others.
More specifically, your team
- Knows you and keeps track of your health history.
- Makes sure you understand your medical issues and how to deal with them.
- Helps coordinate your care if you need outside tests or specialists.
- Is available during office hours and after hours on-call.
A Patient-Centered Medical Home means we are in this together working towards your wellness goals.
To learn more, watch this short educational video